Preparing for your outdoor session
I am very excited to work with you!
Advice for wardrobe and session
- Classic: Timeless style, chinos, khakis, beige and blues, nature-hues, pastels, shirts, and simple dresses.
- Florals and prints: Make sure the pattern of the flowers or the print is not too small and detailed.
- Colors: Keep them complementary as opposed to completely matching (e.g.Dont wear all white shirts and matching blue jeans).
- Avoid stark contrasts such as green and orange/red together, and yellows and purples juxtaposed.
- Complementary colors are more like warm tones (yellows, oranges, pinks, warm red and even warm greens) together and cool tones (blues, purples, greens) together.
- Avoid neon colors
- Consistency: Avoid extreme differences (e.g. one person is wearing a casual knitted chunky sweater and the other is wearing a nice silky dress). Black and white is another combination that’s too stark a contrast unless it’s done intentionally.
- Dark, light and bright: Darks for adults, and lights or brights for small children. Do it the other way and the adults will dominate the scene and draw the viewer’s attention, while the smaller people will disappear.
- Posing: I tend to pose intentionally and less like a lifestyle/ candid shoot, although I may direct you to interact naturally so that you will have a variety of both candid images and posed as well.
- I work best with families that have older children but I will certainly work with younger kids.
- Pets must be leashed and have a handler that is not part of the session for safety.
- Entry and rental fees will be paid by the client for those locations which require that for access. Charlestowne Landing and Mcleod Plantation are examples of such places.
- Summer in the Lowcountry is HOT. I recommend early sessions when the temperature is going to reach above 85 degrees. Sunrise to 9:00 a.m. or after 6 p.m. is best. Trust me if you want your make up to stay in one place. No one wants sweaty photos of themselves. It might seem like a pain to get up that early, but it will be worth it.
- I will park in the Cumberland Street garage located at 90 Cumberland St, Charleston, SC 29401
- If you choose to do the same, you must take your parking ticket with you to pay on foot at a kiosk on the first level before exiting the garage at the end of our appointment
- I will meet you on the sidewalk beside the Cumberland Street garage entrance and we will begin our walk from there!
Hampton Park Garden Portraits
- Parking is available and free on the side of the park opposite the main entry way. The Park is located at 30 Mary Murray Dr, Charleston, SC 29403
- Parking is inaccessible on Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00pm-8:00pm & Saturdays: 8:00am-12:00pm. For that reason I do not schedule sessions during those times.
After the session
- I will bring my laptop so that you can review all the available images and select the ones that you would like to have as your gallery. I find that clients are most happy with images they choose themselves!
- I will not edit or keep files that you do not select and I do not sell unedited/raw files.
- You may add more images to your gallery at the individual rate of 25 each if you want more than the package calls for.
- I require between 4 and 7 days to complete edits. They will be emailed to you in a private link to an online gallery
- Printed products are not included in your session fee and may be ordered directly from your gallery
- I do not recommend using a substandard lab (i.e Walmart, CVS) to print your images as I cannot guarantee the color or print quality
- The lab you are linked to is very reasonable
- You can send your gallery link to anyone you like and they can order prints and download the images just like you are able to. That makes sharing with family and friends easy.
Thank you for choosing me- I promise to do my very best